Register for: Immediate vs. Delayed Socket Management & Complex Decision - Tooth vs. Implant in Aesthetic Zone
Immediate vs. Delayed Socket Management-
An interdisciplinary approach to maximize esthetics and function
Immediate placements of implants into extraction sockets is an exciting treatment alternative for our patients. However, there are many potential short and particularly long term risks which the practitioner must be fully aware of. This presentation will focus on the potential problems and benefits both clinically and biologically when the choice of immediate socket placement is made for single and multiple sites.
Upon completion of this presentation participants should be able to
- Identify what type of healing takes place against the implant in immediate socket placement
- Know how to minimize recession with immediate provisionalization
- Know the proper crown contour for immediate provisionals
- Know if the gap distance really matters
- Know if primary closure should be attempted or should it be left open?
- Know if membranes should be utilized?
- Know what type of graft material if any should be utilized?
- Identify what are the potential short and long term risks involved with immediate placement of implants?
- How to manage immediate placement in molar sites
Complex Decision Making for Teeth and Implants in the Aesthetic Zone using the Interdisciplinary Team
The treatment planning of complex cases requires the highest level of knowledge and skill of the treating team.
It is an orchestration of procedures including proper sequencing and timing that makes the difference. An envisionment of the final case before starting is required to know where the goal of treatment will be directed.
This, in conjunction with the patients needs and clinical situation comprise the decision-making process for what is the best treatment for the patient. Problems facing the team such as, which teeth to save or extract, should implants be placed immediately or in a delayed protocol, should multiple implants be placed in the aesthetic zone, when and how to include orthodontics if needed for sight development, should pink ceramic be used or should ridge augmentation be performed, should the case be splinted or broken up into separate bridges or individual teeth, how to provisionalize the case throughout treatment, and when to immediate load cases versus do a serial extraction case? These concerns will be addressed in this interdisciplinary approach to our most challenging cases.
Objectives: Upon completion of this presentation, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the current concepts, surgical and prosthetic techniques, and evidence-based outcomes associated with the treatment of a failing single anterior tooth with contemporary post-extraction socket therapies
- Apply novel treatment strategies in the management of such aforementioned case types as well as multiple adjacent teeth in the aesthetic zone.
- Design a treatment plan when to save or remove an ailing implant in the aesthetic zone in addition to the timing and sequence of treatment.
- How to use crown contour on implant restorations to get tissue to cover exposed crown margins.
- How to “de-coronate” implants before doing surgery to repair aesthetic problems.
- How to use orthodontics and forced eruption to repair the most difficult clinical problem case.
- Early Bird Promo of $150 for YRDS Members (can buy upto 4 tickets for other YRDS Members)
- $150 for NON-YRDS Members (can buy upto 4 tickets for other NON-YRDS Members OR Dental Office Staff)
- After Feb 15, 2018 All tickets are $199
- Staff are welcome to attend but must be registered with a purchased ticket
- NAME CHANGE REQUESTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE ALLOWED FOR THIS EVENT FOR ANY REASON AT ANY TIME.
* 6 CEUs IN CATEGORY 2 WILL BE GIVEN FOR THIS SEMINAR
* Hot Breakfast, Refreshment and Full Buffet Lunch will be served
* SPACE IS VERY LIMITED AND WILL SELLOUT. REGISTER EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
Date: April 6, 2018 | Location: TBD, TBD, ON, TBD | Time: 8am Regist|9am-4:30pm Lecture
YRDS Family Skating Day
YRDS Family Skating Day
YRDS Holiday Party
Annual Holiday Celebrations
Oral Pathology: "Lumps & Bumps" and an update from the ODA/RCDSO
An Update from ODA and RCDSO
Immediate vs. Delayed Socket Management & Complex Decision - Tooth vs. Implant in Aesthetic Zone
Full-Day Seminar by Dr. Dennis Tarnow
Registration Help Video
Step 1: Select the tickets you wish to purchase
Step 2: Complete the purchaser and ticket holder information
Step 3: Pay and confirm payment on PayPal to be redirected back to the site to confirm your registration. If you do not do this final step your registration will not be completed.