The benefits of becoming a member of the York Region Dental Society are wide and varied.
- PRACTICE MANAGEMENT INFORMATION - Advance your practice with the most up-to-date information and resources on dental procedures, technologies, research and legislation delivered to you as soon as you need it. Our guides, brochures and bulletins will help you stay informed about the most current topics and issues.
- REPUTATION MANAGEMENT - Manage your reputation and the reputation of dentistry as a profession. Our informative CDs, DVDs, ads, brochures and helpful public education campaigns, along with our strong media contacts, help each of our members become leaders in oral health care.
- ADVOCACY - Ensure that your patients receive the highest standard of oral care as we lobby for the best and most proactive procedures and practices. Protect your best interests and let us assist with dentist-patient mediation and help reconcile any claims disputes with dental plan administrators.
- PROMOTE DENTISTRY - Access an abundance of articles, practice information and marketing materials that highlight the relationship between oral health and overall health. We will also provide suggested fee guidelines that are updated annually and targeted toward general and specialty practices.
- STAY CURRENT - Discover the most recent products, practice management tools and sign up for “Core“ continuing education courses. Take advantage of the opportunity to interact with colleagues, attend meetings or get involved on Executive or General Council, the highest policy-setting body of the organization.
Useful Documents for our Members
Oral Health and Aging: Addressing Issues and Providing Solutions
"In April 2008, the Ontario Dental Association (ODA) presented its first Special Report, Tooth Decay in Ontario’s Children: An Ounce of Prevention—A Pound of Cure, designed to assist parents and government in understanding what was needed to help kids achieve the healthiest mouths and lives possible. But the ODA knows there is more to be done."
Oral Care for Persons in Residential Care
"Like nutritious food and regular bathing, daily oral health care is extremely important to the health and wellbeing of elder residents."
Providing Oral Hygiene Care to the Frail Elderly at Home
"A large and growing number of frail older Canadians are now being cared for in their homes by family members, and as the Baby Boomers advance into their senior years, this trend will continue. Illnesses like Alzheimer’s and other physical and medical challenges may leave the older adult unable to independently manage his or her own daily oral hygiene, including brushing the teeth and flossing."
YRDS Ski Day
A fun-filled day for all ages
Oral Pathology: "Lumps & Bumps" and an update from the ODA/RCDSO
An Update from ODA and RCDSO
Open to ALL YRDS Members & Staff
Immediate vs. Delayed Socket Management & Complex Decision - Tooth vs. Implant in Aesthetic Zone
Full-Day Seminar by Dr. Dennis Tarnow
Registration Help Video
Step 1: Select the tickets you wish to purchase
Step 2: Complete the purchaser and ticket holder information
Step 3: Pay and confirm payment on PayPal to be redirected back to the site to confirm your registration. If you do not do this final step your registration will not be completed.